English Language Arts
Seventh-grade students continue to develop an understanding of parts of speech, sentence structure and build writing skills. Their studies will bolster composition skills while introducing the major features of essay forms: contention, ideas, research, evidence, structure, and more.
- Multiple essays for assigned novels
- Writing Competition through ACSI
- Introduction to Shakespearean Theater Skit
Math seven is designed to prepare middle school students for mathematics at a high school level. The course covers whole numbers, decimals, number theory, fractions, with a continued emphasis on Algebra and an into to Geometry.
- Pi Day (3/14)
- Math Olympics (Statewide math competition)
- Build a scale model
- Menu math project
This course studies surveys of world cultures from the middle ages to the present with an emphasis on comparing world governments, religions, and economic systems.
- International map
- Looking at the past and the present
- Historical Disney project
Students will study earth science in relation to maps and cartography. The earth's systems in relation to biomes, weather cycles, and human impact. They will also conduct studies on the atmosphere, outer space, and out place in it.
- Daily activities utilizing their interactive notebook
- Ongoing labs
- Rock formations
- Solar system
- A weather project
Students study the Bible from Genesis through Malachi and focus on the Bible study skill of observation.
- Student-led chapels
- Bible Skits
- Animated presentations of the Old Testament